Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Break Before Rain

i felt like making this story is gonna be hard work, so im proposing that i make snippets of how the story is doing so far.. i might be able to finish this about a year from now :D here is a brief snippet... i would be posting it when i have finished with the whole chapter.


Break Before Rain
(teaser)
by: Von Adrain Lora Flores

Chapter One
The Other Friend

I was walking down the once empty stairs of cathedral but now a man sat at the very end soaked from the rain. I stood wondering why he sat there at the very end where the shelter could not reach him. His cloths were of good quality. Great shoes, tattered pants and shirt that looked designer made - it fit him perfectly. His face had certain flare of content, almost glad with his rain drenched cloths. Then i remembered the umbrella tuck away in the trunk of my car. I ran, i ran frantically. Up the stairs then to my car until i realized that i was now standing in the rain, opening the trunk to take the umbrella. I grasped it quickly and turned to the stairs. I stopped, I haulted, I was gazing at him as he stood there at the top of the stairs, looking at me. Now i was in the rain, panting, and he was staring at me. No longer is the contented expression seen in his face, rather, a look of unease now engulfed him. His eyes-brows nearing each other and his mouth slightly open. I had the umbrella on my hand, but i did not open it. I just stood there.

He stared at me as i marveled as his stance. Smart, built, calm and no longer panting. My eyes wondered, his body showed its form as his wet cloths stuck to his body like a glove. He had the figure a bit larger than of a swimmer but still well toned. Some of his abs declared their presence known. The rain drops that fell in my eyes took me off of my concentration. Then I wondered silently at my predicament. I, the man that was suppose to shelter him, am left here as rain wetted my body. I wanted to move closer until my vision swayed. It was only then that i noticed that Mac, my best friend, grasped my shoulder and jerked my shoulder gently. i glanced quickly at the umbrella that was now over my head.

"You ok?", he asked as he opened his black jacket and took a hankerchief from the inner pocket.

I stared at his face until i realized that i wasnt looking at the man earlier. I glanced back, he was gone. Looked back at Mac and stuttered to say, "...uh...yeah. im ok." He offered my his hankercheif  so i took it and wiped my face.

We started to move towards the church, not before glancing one last time at the top of the stairs - He was definitly gone.

As I entered the church, some of my friends asked questions of concern. Only then did i notice the cold rain on my shoulder. I started to shiver slightly but pushed on. The walk seemed longer than the usual, as if the end was moving further and further. Arriving at the coffin, there i gazed at his form. He always wanted to be burried fashionable, designer shirt and tattered pants with shoes designed specifically for him.

No comments: